CREATE MANUAL CONNECTION:
A manual IP address is a direct method to communicate with the HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer, and goes to offline rarely.
- Print a Network Configuration Report or Wireless Test Report from123 HP officejet pro 8710 printers.
- If printer has control panel with display, print report from network settings or network setup menu.
- If printer does not have display, then print the report using buttons in the control panel of the printer. This is done by pressing and holding the cancel button many times many times on control panel until report prints in the control panel. For more information on how to print the report, it is given in user guide or HP website for network configuration report for the model of the printer.
- Take a look at the report print out, check the network status whether it is wired or wireless.
- If status is connected, continue with the next step.
- If status is not connected like off or disabled, then printer is not connected to the network. Connect the printer to the network. For more help refer the user guide.
- Find the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway for the active network type. If report has separate no’s such as IPv4 and IPv6, then use IPv4.
- From a computer connected network, find URL for Embedded Web Server (EWS) on report for URL in internet browser. If the webpage is blank means, then use different browser.
- Click network tab and check for that it is wired or wireless connection.
- Click manual IP.
- For a Manual IP address button, click Manual IP addresses that are automatically filled.
- Don’t have Manual IP address button means, type IP address, subnet mask and default gateway using numbers and shows the report which is being printed.
- Note down numbers, this may be needed in case of adding second printer.
- Click applies and wait all have been done. Then continue to the next step.
ADD SECOND PRINTER DEVICE TO WINDOWS:
After setting manual IP address, add hp ojp8710 printer port to windows that matches new IP address.
- Search Windows for Devices, and then select Devices and Printers in the list.
- Right-click the name of the printer, and then select properties. Then property window opens.
- Click ports tab, click add port.
- Select standard TCP/IP port and then click new port.
- Type printer’s IP address and then click next.
- Select new TCP/IP port and then click ok.
- Try printing and scanning in the software.
- If printer prints and scans no problem means stop troubleshooting.
- If the problem continues, continue next step.
ADD PRINTER USING HP OIP8710 PRINTER ASSISTANT:
Remove the 123 hp Officejet pro 8710 devices and again install it using software.
- From Devices and Printer devices, right click printer icons and then click remove the device.
- If second printer icon is shown, right click HP printer icons, and then click remove the device. There should be no printer device listed on the printer.
- Open HP printer assistant, search windows for printer name and then click it in the results. Now HP printer assistant opens.
- Read and respond to the screen to add a new printer.
- From Devices and Printers window, right-click the name of the printer and select printer properties. Properties window opens.
- Click ports tab and select the ports tab. Second printer displays in the list.
- Try printing and scanning from the software.
- If the printer can able to print and scan then there is no problem, stop hp 8710 Printer troubleshooting.
- If the problem continues continue next step.
If the issue is not resolved then some other problem might occur, other things which create error are,
- Do not connect the printer to guest or host network
- Switch from wireless to direct USB or Ethernet connection
- Remove and reinstall the printer device
- Disable Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Disable IPv6
- Move hp Officejet pro 8710 wireless printer closer to the router
- Try connecting printer to another computer
- Reinstall printer software
DO NOT CONNECT THE PRINTER TO GUEST OR HOST NETWORK:
- Guest or host network has additional security features like isolation features that prevent 123 hp setup 8710 printer from connecting and printing.
- To print, connect the printer directly to Wi-Fi direct.
- To access wireless router as the guest network, temporarily disable the security features. This allows printing by connecting to the internet. Use HP Officejet 8710 ePrint to print.
- Router’s documentation or Internet Service Provider (ISP) which gives additional information.
SWITCH FROM WIRELESS TO DIRECT USB OR ETHERNET CONNECTION:
If connected in a 123 hp 8710 wireless setup, check for another connection type also the problem is for only wireless or not,
- Search windows for the printer name, and click it from the list.
- Click utility and then click new printer.
- Follow to change the printer to USB or network cable connection. To connect USB or network cable only for software installation screen.
REMOVE AND REINSTALL THE PRINTER DEVICE:
Create a new 123 hp officejet pro 8710 driver to reset the driver configuration settings,
- Search Windows for devices; click Devices and Printers in the list.
- Right click name of printer, then select remove device.
- Click yes and wait for the device till it is removed.
- Search windows for HP printer model in name or number; click the printer name from the results. Install new driver for printer software. If it is not available means, install a new driver from website.
DISABLE SIMPLE NETWORK MANAGEMENT PROTOCOL (SNMP):
In some features, disabling will solve the printer problems,
- Search windows for devices, then select devices and printers in the list of results.
- Right-click the name of the printer and select printer properties.
- Click ports tab.
- Select TCP/IP port, then click configure post,
- Remove the checkmark from, SNMP status enabled and then click ok.
- Try printing again.
If the problem continues, repeat the steps to re-enable SNMP.
Disable iPv6 and check that IPv4 is used by the printer and router network.
- hp.com/setup 8710 Printer has control panel with display, find IPv6 advanced network settings menu and set off or disabled.
- Printer does not have display; use Embedded Web Server (EWS) to turn off IPv6.
- Computer connected to the network, type IP address in the URL of the internet browser.
- Click network tab, then click the connections whether it is wired or wireless.
- Select enable IPv4 only
- Click applies and waits for the changes to take place.
- Try printing again.
MOVE WIRELESS PRINTER CLOSER TO ROUTER:
Move 123.hp.com/ojpro 8710 printer closer to the computer to the wireless router. Remove objects between printer and computer and also a router which interferes with signals such as metal bookcases, microwave ovens, fluorescent lights, or cordless phones.
TRY CONNECTING PRINTER TO OTHER COMPUTER:
If for connecting to another computer, install driver and printer of the same type of connection.
- If the new connection works means, printing problem is with the computer so we have to uninstall the printer software and again we have to install.
- If the new connection does not work means, then the problem is with the printer, it must be serviced or printed with a different connection.
REINSTALL THE HP OJP8710 PRINTER SOFTWARE:
Uninstall and reinstall the software for errors occurred in the original installation.
- Disconnect USB cable, if the USB cable is already attached.
- Search windows for program and features, then click program and features in the list of results.
- Find HP printer software and uninstall it.
- Restart the computer.
- Reinstall the 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 printer software; install it again by using installation software that came along the printer or download from the website.
- Try printing again
HP SURE SUPPLY:
HP Sure Supply is a software tool for printers. This software is developed and distributed by HP. The users of officejet 8710 printer with Sure Supply can buy the ink cartridge toner online, through the distributor in HP.
FUNCTIONS OF SURE SUPPLY:
Sure Supply automatically alerts the user when hp officejet pro 8710 printer cartridge or toner is running very low and invites clients for buying process in online and the delivery time is of 3 days. If the client transmits the service to Sure Supply platform through internet, the clients has to select the products and the supplier. Then Sure Supply accesses the web page and takes the order of the products and then delivers to the clients.
REPLACE THE CARTRIDGES:
- Turn on the 123 hp officejet pro 8710 printer
- Place your fingers on the slot on the left side of the printer and then pull to open the access door. The carriage moves to the left side of the printer.
- Wait till the carriage is idle and silent.
- Push on the front of the cartridge to release it and pull it towards to remove from the slot.
- Remove new cartridge from pack
- Hold the new cartridge, so the cartridge contacts faces the printer
- Slide the new cartridge in the slot and push it forward and it snaps in its place. The letter on the ink cartridge matches the letter on the slot
- Repeat the same process to again the new cartridge
- Close the cartridge access door
PRINTER DRIVER PROBLEMS:
- Driver is configured incorrectly
- Driver is not compatible with the installed printer
- Entry of the printer driver in the windows registry is incorrect
- Malware-Trojan has infected the hp ojpro 8710 printer driver files
TO INSTALL PRINTER DRIVER:
- To power on the printer
- Connect the cable
To install the officejet pro 8710 printer driver, browse the location of the downloaded software or driver file. Double-click and follow the on-line instructions. Restart the windows once the installation set-up is complete.
An 123 hp ojp8710 ink cartridge is a component of an inkjet printer that contains ink that is deposited onto paper during printing. Each ink cartridge contains one or more ink reservoirs. Certain producers also add electronic contacts and a chip that communicates with the printer.
- HP 952 Black Office jet Ink Cartridge prints up to 1000 pages
- HP 952 Cyan Original Ink cartridge prints up to 700 pages
- HP 952 Magenta Original Ink Cartridge prints up to 700 pages
- HP 952 Yellow Original Ink Cartridge prints up to 700 pages
Hp ojp8710 printer is a reliable multi-function printer. This offers quick print speeds, good print quality, and a fast warm-up. There are three functional devices – scan, copy and fax as well as 50 sheet ADF, front side USB and wireless connectivity. The energy was higher when printing and display. Save up to 70% of ink so it never runs out of ink. Manage with professional-quality color up to 50% less per page than lasers. Easily print documents, photos and more from a variety of smartphones and tablets. So, this printer is very affordable to use and this is of excellent quality. Also comes in black, cyan, magenta and yellow instant ink ready cartridges.