123 HP SETUP 8710
123 HP setup 8710 is a full featured which delivers all in one printer. This printer has cost effective of half of the cost to that of the lasers. It is highly productive and tackles high-volume jobs with print, fax, scan and copy the versatility. Ideal for small workgroups with professional-quality, affordable color and versatile of all capabilities in one printer.
Dynamic security enabled printer. Only intended the cartridges from the original chip. Also, a non-HP chip may not work and also this HP chip which is working now may not work in the future.
This is with that of affordable professional color. Twice the pages can be printed using these HP setup 8710 ink-cartridges. Manage the budget for that the professional-quality color which is 50% less than that of the lasers. Save 50% ink and never run out of the ink. Print black and white or color on the same low price. The ink can be saved more by using HP instant ink which saves about 50% ink.
Scan digital files to e-mail, network folders and with many business network apps. Additional features are print, fax, scan and copy with a 50-page document feeder. Very fastest two-sided printing, copying, and scanning help you through the tasks. Manage all the tasks and access shortcuts with 2.65 inches touchscreen.
123.hp.com/setup 8710 Prints directly from the mobile device without accessing the company network from anywhere in the office. Easily prints documents and photos directly from a variety of smartphones and tablets which help to print and also even confidential print jobs with HP jet advantage private print.
MAIN FUNCTIONS OF INKJET PHOTO PRINTER:
Copy, scan, wireless printing, Air print, two-sided duplex printing, touch screen, instant ink ready so you’ll never run out of ink.
Print from anywhere using your Smartphone or tablet with the free 123 HP 8710 ePrint app, easily print from your iPhone or iPad with the air print, print even without a network without a network using wireless direct printing.
Helps to protect information and access to confidential print jobs with HP advantage private print.
The full-featured all in one wireless color printer delivers professional quality color of up to 50% of lower cost than lasers.
SAVE UP TO 50% OF INK WITH INSTANT INK:
Ordered by your printer and delivered to your doorstep before the printer runs out. Use original 952 and HP 952 XL ink cartridges to print 2X the pages as refills.
Easily manage all your tasks and access shortcuts- just tap the 2.65-inch touch screen.
FAST PRINT SPEEDS:
Up to 22 pages per min in black and up to 18 pages per minute in color.
PAPER SIZES SUPPORTED:
Various sizes from 3X5 to 8.5X14 including letter, legal, 4X6 in, 5X7 in, 8X10 in and No. 10 envelopes.
ONE-YEAR LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY:
24-hour, 7 days a week web support.
To set up a 123 HP 8710 wireless setup on a wireless network, connect the printer to the wireless network then install the printer driver and software. During installation, select wireless as the connection type. There are three connections for the wireless setup. They are,
PREPARE FOR INSTALLATION:
Before setting up the hp setup 8710 printers on the wireless network, gather the network name and password and turn on your router, printer, and computer.
- Gather the needed domains and passwords
- NETWORK NAME:
The network name is SSID (Service Set Identifier)
- NETWORK PASSWORD:
This password is also called as WEP key or WPA security passphrase
- COMPUTER CONNECTED TO THE WIRELESS NETWORK
- INTERNET ACCESS:
Broadband access is used are cable or DSL for software downloads. Web services and printer updates, these are recommended by HP.
- Router and computer are turned on and connect these both to the same wireless network where the 123 hp-setup 8710 printers is being connected. Turn the printer on and keep it close to that of the computer on the way where the router is placed.
- Disconnect USB or Ethernet cable from the printer.
CONNECT THE WIRELESS NETWORK:
Connect printer to the network with Wireless Setup Wizard, so the printer found for 123 hp Officejet pro 8710 installation
- Open the control panel of the printer and swipe down to open the dashboard and then touch wireless icon.
- Then touch setup icon
- Touch wireless settings and then wireless touching wizard.
- Then touch our network settings in the list of networks available and then again touch ok
- In the list of networks available, if our network is not available means, then touch new network name and follow the on-screen instructions to enter your network name.
- Type WEP or WPA key (i.e.) network password and then touch done.
- A summary appears and then touch ok to return to the home screen
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE DRIVER:
An Auto Wireless Connect Screen displays while installing, use it to complete the123 hp 8710 printer wireless setup. The guided steps in the installation software to complete setup.
- Turn on the printer
- If the printer is connected to the computer with USB cable, disconnect the cable from the computer.
- Select the appropriate printer from the list.
- Select a method to identify printer model, then follow the on-screen instructions to follow the download page.
- Click the download page next to full feature driver depending on the option that displays.
- Open the download folder and then click full feature driver .dmg file to start the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the printer and install software
- After installer, click add printer to create the print queue.
- Click the name of the printer, then click print using menu, select the name of the printer in the pop-menu, then click add
- Return to the installer to complete the installation.
PRINTER SETUP AT OFFLINE MODE:
A status message for offline mode and the 123 hp office jet 8710 printer setup does not print. The offline mode resembles that the computer is not able to communicate with the printer. In some printer printer goes to offline mode unexpectedly,
USE HP PRINT AND SCAN DOCTOR TO CHECK CONNECTIVITY:
HP provides a free tool called HP print and scan doctor to diagnose and resolve all printing problems. Download and run HP print and scan doctor that will automatically perform several 123 HP OJP 8710 troubleshooting task to resolve this issue. When the link is clicked the HP print and scan doctor is downloaded by downloaded capabilities.
- Double-click the HP print and scan doctor icon to open the tool
- Click start on the welcome screen
- Select the printer and then select next. Finding and fixing problem screen is displayed
- Click fix printing
- In the HP print and scan doctor, the list of actions is displayed on the screen with the results.
- White check marks appear means the printer passed the test. So click Test Print or click skip
- White wrench appears means print and scan doctor had found an issue and the problem is being rectified. So click Test Print or click skip.
- Yellow exclamation points appear on the screen, the test failed and requires user action, and this step was skipped. So click Test Print or click skip.
- Red X mark appears, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.
If the problem continues, continue the next step.
SET THE DEFAULT PRINTER AND UNPAUSE PRINTING:
The default driver might have changed to another name and that name would not be your printer’s driver name such as Web Services Driver (WSD) similar to your driver’s name. Change the default driver name to your 123 hp ojp8710 printer driver name and also confirms is not set in offline mode.
- Turn the printer off and on and then make it in a ready state.
- Search windows for devices and then click Devices and printers in the list of results
- Find the icon for the printer which was installed originally.
- If a color or grey icon with a green checkmark appears on the screen, continue to next step.
- If a color or grey icon displays without a green check mark, right-click the icon and select default printer and go to the next step.
- If one color and one grey icon displays for your printer, right click the color icon and select default printer and go to next step.
- Right-click the icon of default printer and then select see what’s printing. The print queue window opens.
- Click printer. If a checkmark appears next to pause printing and use printer offline, click both icons to remove checkmark.
- Try to print.
- If printer prints, then it is in online mode. Continue again if the printer goes to offline mode again.
- If the printer cannot able to print then it is in offline mode, continue to next step.
RESET THE PRINTER AND CHECK THE CONNECTION STATUS:
Resetting the printer help to restore the connections to the computer.
- If the printer is off, turn on the 123 HP Setup 8710 printer and check the status of the printer.
- If the printer starts printing jobs from the print queue, the printer is clearing for queued print jobs, and then the printer is in online mode. Then we can stop the process of troubleshooting.
- If the printer goes to an idle state after its start-up routine, then the printer is in online mode.
- If the printer still shows that it is in offline mode then follows the next steps of the troubleshooting process.
- Turn on the printer and disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the printer power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds, restart the computer while waiting.
- Plug the power cord back to the wall outlet.
- Again reconnect the power cord to the rear end of the printer.
- If the printer does not turn on automatically press the power on button to turn it on.
- Confirm that the printer is connected to the computer or network.
- WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION:
On the printer, open settings menu and make sure that wireless signal in the printer is turned on. Also to confirm that light next to wireless icon is on and steady.
- WIRED NETWORK CONNECTION:
Confirm that cable is connected to hp Officejet pro 8710 printer Ethernet port, and this available port connected to the router. So, two signals occur green and orange light. The green light should be steady and orange light to blink.
- USB CONNECTION:
Make sure that the cable is connected to the printer; a USB port is available on the printer.
- Try printing.
- If printing continues, then the printer is online again. Continue when the printer goes to offline again, and then follow the next step.
- If the printer cannot print, then it is in offline then follows the next step.
MAKE SURE CORRECT PORT IS SELECTED:
If the driver is using wrong communication port then the hp 8710 printer setup is in offline so the connection is not made.
- Search Windows for devices and then select Devices and Printers in the list. Devices and Printers window opens.
- Then right click the name of the printer, and select Printer Properties. Then properties window opens.
- Click the Ports tab, and then find the name of the printer in the printer column.
- If the printer uses USB connection, confirm that the port name is USB or DOT4.
- If the printer uses network connection, confirm that the port name is WSD, network, Standard TCP/IP Port or HP Standard TCP/IP Port.
- Select the correct port type, if the selection does not have the printer’s current connection. If problems continue continue the next step.
UPDATE THE PRINTER FIRMWARE:
The HP setup 8710 Printer updates are issued regularly. Update the printer firmware might resolve the issue. Depending on the printer, apps on the printer also receive its updates. Keeping the firmware and apps up-to-date also receives the printer firmware. To update the firmer we use two methods,
UPDATE DIRECTLY FROM THE PRINTER:
Printers released in 2010 and later supporting web services, cloud-based printing services includes ePrinter, printer apps, firmware updates and content which can directly be printed from the control panel. This printer uses a direct internet connection to find and install its updates.
- Navigate to printer update features. Menu names and icons vary by printer.
- PRINTERS WITH EPRINT BUTTON OR ICON:
Touch the icon or button, then touch the icons for Settings, then select Product Updates.
- PRINTERS WITH TEXT-BASED MENUS:
Select Set-up, Service or Settings menu, select Preferences, Printer Maintenance or Tools, then select Web Services, Printer Update or LaserJet Update.
- If it is for sign-up or accepts terms of service, follows on-screen instructions to enable Web Services and set up automatic updates. This procedure set’s up printer’s internet connections so it receives updates.
- The printer does not automatically start the update process, Select Check for Updates to start the update.
DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE UPDATES FROM HP WEBSITE:
Install the latest version of printer firmware from HP customer supports download page.
- Confirm that 123.hp.com/setup 8710 printer is on and it is connected to the computer through the local network or USB cable.
- Then go to HP customer support software downloads, then enter your printer model number.
- Select the required operating system.
- Click Firmware then Download. If Firmware is not listed means, it has not updated properly for the printer.
- Click Use HP Download and Install Assistant, then click next and then click install now.
- When HP printer update appears, check that the printer serial number displays.
- If the serial number displays, select checkbox and then select update.
- If the serial number displays and the status are not applicable, then it’s of incomplete. So we no need to complete the firmware update. So click cancel.
- If the serial number does not display, then there is no network connection. Connect a USB cable to the printer and computer and wait till 20 seconds, then click refresh. When the serial number displays, select checkbox which is next to it and then selects update.
- When the update is completed click ok.
- If USB cable is connected to the network printer, remove the USB driver installed by windows.
- Search windows for Devices and Printers, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.
- Right click USB printer device that matches printer model, then click remove the device.
- Disconnect USB cable from 123.hp.com/setup 8710 printer and computer, and then restart your computer.
If the problem continues then go to the next step. HP OJP8710 Manual Setup