It is possible to connect your printer through USB connection. You are provided with the USB port to easily connect your personal Devices.
To improve the performance of the printing machine, it is provided with the wireless connectivity option that you can access printer from anywhere.
Accessing printer from a local device could be possible only when you install your software to your personal device and then connect your printer.
123 HP Envy 5540 Printer Setup
Experience the HP Envy 5540 printer with all its features
It is well-known that HP’s Envy series of printers have been considered as one of the best in the industry. The 123 HP Setup 5540 reviews are elaborate due to the smart product design and affordability for the range of features that it encompasses. The printer besides automatic duplex and touch-screen can connect to a single PC with the help of the 123 HP Envy 5540 support USB cable or to the wireless network. This is one of the best printers that you could have a home or small office. The printer is really fast especially with the USB connection in place. The all-in-one 123.hp.com/setup 5540 can scan, copy and print through the cloud. You can also print directly from mobile devices. Setting up Web Services will allow you to use the HP ePrint which is a free service.
Setting up web services to use the HP ePrint
The 123 HP Setup 5540 setup is a very easy process but for completing the printer wireless setup, it is important to install the latest version of the HP Envy 5540 driver and software. The printer should be connected to the wireless before accomplishing the setup of the Web Services. There are several methods with which you can setup the Web Services:
From the printer’s control panel:
- On the control panel look for ‘HP Printables’ and select it
- Then touch ‘Enable Web Services’ and click on ‘Yes’
- Press ‘Accept’ to agree to the terms and conditions of usage and touch ‘Yes’
- Touching ‘Auto Update’ will enable product updates to be automatically updated and installed
- When the printer gets connected to the server, an information page is printed
Note: If an update for the printer is available immediately, then the download and installation will take place instantly after which it will restart. Once done, repeat the above steps.
Using the EWS or Embedded Web Server to complete the Web Services Setup:
- Open the Embedded Web Server by touch the wireless icon and then selecting ‘Settings’
- Touch the ‘Wi-Fi Direct’ to switch it on
- Once the EWS is opened, click on ‘Web Services’
- Click on ‘Setup’ under the ‘Web Services Settings’ and select ‘Continue’
Allow the printer to check and install updates when prompted
In your computer with Windows OS use the HP printer software to setup Web Services:
- Select the HP Printer software and click on ‘Print & Scan’
- Under ‘Print’ choose ‘Connect Printer to the Web’
- The Embedded Web Services home page opens up in which you can click on ‘Web Services’
- Click on ‘Setup’ in the ‘Web Services Settings’ Section and then on ‘Continue’
- Accept the conditions for usage and allow printer to make necessary installations and updates
For services call us @ 1-844-589-6222
Printing with HP ePrint free service mobile printing at its best
For all configurations pertaining to the HP Envy 5540 installation refer to the 123.hp.com/setup 5540 manual that will help you with all setting up instructions. When you have setup Web Services, it enables you to use the HP ePrint, which is a free service awarded by HP to its users. You just have to send an email to the printer from wherever you are. The printer is assigned a unique mail ID when the Web Services are setup. You could face the HP Envy 5540 support, not printing error in which case you can open the HP Envy 5540 manual PDF to fix the issue with a series of steps that is outlined in it. In fact, all wireless setup problems can be resolved by the HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting manual.
To print with HP ePrint:
- Enabling web services:
- Connect the printer to an active internet connection [Note: HP ePrint cannot function with a USB connection to the computer]
- Enable Web Services and touch the ‘ePrint’ icon on the Home Screen
- The ePrint information page is printed
- Execute instructions provided on the page to Sign up for the ePrint account
- Finding your ePrint email address:
- Touching the ‘ePrint’ icon will take you to the ‘Web Service Settings’ where the email address of the printer will appear
- Emailing your document for printing:
- Create a new email account
- Attach the document that you wish to print
- Send the document to the printer’s email address
The HP ePrint job statuses can be reviewed at the HP Connected, which can be downloaded.
For services call us @ 1-844-589-6222
Print from both sides – duplexing
Check the 123.hp.com/setup 5540 Amazon for the all-in-one photo printer that allows mobile printing and is also Instant Ink Ready. This means that the HP Envy 5540 support ink refill for the cartridges can be obtained easily with a small subscription. The Instant Ink bundle that accompanies the pack can help you save up to 50% on the ink. For ink cartridges, the printer also comes with the standard ink bundle, which is both color and black. One of the most wonderful features of the HP Envy 5540 wireless setup printer is its duplex printing capability, which is also automatic.
Printing on both sides of the paper can be done as follows (Windows):
- Choose ‘Print’ from your software and verify if your printer is selected
- Open the ‘Properties’ box and select the following:
- Select ‘Portrait’ or ‘Landscape’ under the ‘Layout’ tab
- ‘Flip on Long Edge’ or ‘Flip on Short Edge’ can be selected from the ‘Print on Both Sides’ list
- Under the ‘Paper / Quality’, under ‘Tray Selection’, select ‘Media’ from a list
- Also, select the appropriate print quality from ‘Quality Settings’
- Under ‘Advanced’ click on ‘Paper / Output’ and look for the correct size of the paper under ‘Paper Size’
To print duplex in the OS X:
- Choose ‘Print’ from the ‘File’ menu
- The ‘Print’ dialog will pop-up from where you can choose ‘Layout’
- Choose the binding type for your duplex printing
- Click on ‘Print’
Printer setting tips
The touch screen menus on the printer will allow you to use the HP Envy 5540 app or the HP Print apps that give you access to a variety of templates for both office and home use. If you use your USB cable instead of the wireless, then you may not be able to use the HP Print apps feature. With the 123 HP Setup 5540 Scan, you can scan to and from a mobile. You just need an access point on your network. Log in to the HP official website to know more about the HP Envy 5540 scan to email feature and its availability for the HP Envy 5540 support printer.
For successful printing here are a few tips that you can follow:
- You can select the ‘Media’ from the list under the ‘Paper / Quality’ tab
- Choose the quality of print as you feel is appropriate under ‘Quality Settings’
- Paper size can be selected under ‘Paper Size’ a list available under ‘Advanced Options’
- You can change the default settings when you please for this
- In the printer software click on ‘Print & Scan’
- Select ‘Set Preferences’ to make your changes
- To open the printer software:
- Windows 8.1: in the ‘Start’ screen click the ‘Down’ arrow and click on the ‘Printer’ name
- Windows 8: Right-click on the empty area in the ‘Start’ screen and click on ‘All Apps’ and then select the printer name
- For Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7: Click on ‘Start’ on the computer’s desktop and select ‘All Programs’, then ‘HP’ and click on the ‘HP Setup 5540 series’ and again the same thing
Note: You have a choice of printing grayscale or in color from the ‘Advanced tab’
Integrated print heads are used by the printer’s cartridges cutting down on valuable waiting time for the ink system to prime itself before being used. The printer comes with a 125-page tray that holds A4 papers and the photo tray is about 6” x 4” that is equipped to handle 15 sheets. The simple, strong output tray automatically extends when you start printing. The front control panel is LCD with immediately familiar tap and sweeps gestures. Anyone who has used a smartphone before will not have any difficulty in deciphering the menu systems on the printer. The printer’s menu is extremely intuitive and encompasses many controls within it. The printer’s interface conveniently provides the user with paper size choices and other advanced options. When connected with the USB, the printer can print at 11.5 ppm in black formal letter and can even achieve 12.7 ppm in draft quality. The color speed is fairly good at 4 pmm. The scanning preview needs only about 22 seconds to load and takes on 25 seconds to complete an A4 330 dpi scan. The scan quality is sharp and excellent. The Instant Ink’s monthly subscription provides an affordable printing with payments according to the number of pages printed. The savings come up to approximately 7.4 p per page which is equivalent to buying XL cartridges for a refill. The printer weighs a mere 6.82 kgs making it portable with maximum duty cycles of 1000 pages per month.